The first vines of Colter’s Creek were planted by property owner Larry Spencer, who subsequently produced wine from the grapes. Spencer planted 5 acres of Chardonnay, White Riesling, and Rkatsiteli cultivars.
New property owners Larry Kornze and Sherman Stapleton plant 3 acres of Bordeaux grapes, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc.
The vineyard is essentially abandoned for a decade.
A weekend drive past the abandoned vineyard leads to the purchase and establishment of Colter’s Creek along the Potlatch River. 2007-2008 are spent resurrecting the vines to fruitfulness.
First vintage from various Northwest vineyards.
First commercial harvest at Colter’s Creek.
Colter’s Creek Winery receives its first 90 point wine from a major publication. The 2010 Riesling is awarded 90 points and a ranking of 72 in the top 100 value wines of 2012. Wine Enthusiast - 2012.
Mike and Melissa continue to plant vines at the original Potlatch River site, increasing the vineyard size to 28 acres and 19 cultivars.
Purchase of the historic Pharmacy building, built in 1902, in Juliaetta. Tasting room and restaurant opens in 2012.
The vineyard expands with the purchase of the Arrow Junction vineyard site. It is planted entirely in Syrah, bringing the vineyard size to 33 acres.
Purchase and remodel of the historic Hattabaugh building, built in 1892, in Moscow. Tasting room opens in 2018.
The Hattabaugh Boutique Hotel opens above the Moscow tasting room.